Version 3.6.1573.0 is now live in the Store and while you wait you can peruse the changelog.
- Songs and albums in your collection now sort by the date you've added them by default. You can still switch to sorting alphabetically (or by artist in the case of albums).
- You can now swipe from the left to bring up the hamburger menu. It makes it easier to use the app with a single hand!
- Press-hold to re-order tracks within a playlist.
- Previously only plays from your collection would appear in Recent Plays - now it also includes things you've played directly from Explore.[Groove Music Pass Required]
- We now show download progress in the title bar, and also provide an entry point to the download manager from within the left nav menu. This aligns with what the Movies & TV app includes.
- Tell Cortana to 'Play Electronic' and she will shuffle all your electronic music for you. [where Cortana is supported]
- In the event that, during an upgrade, we need to rebuild the database (this should be very infrequent), we'll show a little explanatory dialog explaining what's happening.
- If we detected songs which are duplicated between OneDrive and Music Pass we pop a notification asking if you'd like us to automatically remove them.
- We reverted the recent change to the font size of the song title in Now Playing. It's smaller now.
Continuum support is also updated with the following changes:
- We've updated the layout of the artist gallery to have proper spacing, alignment and remove the color-matched square backgrounds.
- We've added the Explore modules to the Artist Details page at larger resolutions. [Groove Music Pass Required]
- We've updated the layout of Explore at higher resolutions to look correct, and also respond better to scroll wheel. The modules also have a flipper control to allow scrolling within the page. [Groove Music Pass Required]
- Updates to the Search results page layouts to look good at higher resolutions.
- Updates to the layout of the Add to menu at higher resolutions.
- Updates to the layout of the Recent Plays gallery at higher resolutions.
Perhaps the most fun new feature is the ability to swipe to bring up the hamburger button instead of tapping it the corner. This move obviously makes one-handed usage much better, and something users have been asking for system-wide in Windows 10 Mobile
Windows 10 Movies & TV app to add cast and crew info in today's update
Microsoft's Movies & TV for desktop and smartphone users should now see a new update to download today. The new version number will be 3.6.1573.0 and will have a few additional improvements and bug fixes.
Here's what's new and improved with Movies & TV in Windows 10:
Cast and crew information is now available on movie and TV show details pages
- Improved download experience and error messaging
- The app will now automatically queue up the next episode of a purchased TV series at the end of an episode
Let us know if you see anything other additions or improvements in the comments
TrueCaller Updated For Windows Phone 8.1 Devices With Tagging feature
Truecaller has delivered a new update for its Windows Phone 8.1 specific app. This update includes a new feature which allows users to add tags to callers, to help organize them better.
Find the full change log below.
- This update (5.4) comes with a simple but a useful addition: Tags. Now you can describe a caller by adding relevant Tags to their phone number. Try it today!
Microsoft updates Photos app for Windows 10 devices
On the heels of its updates to the Music and Video apps, Microsoft also pushed out a small update to its Windows 10 Photos apps for all devices.
The app update comes with the following changelog.
- Share albums using a OneDrive link
- View and edit albums across devices by uploading to OneDrive
- Choose to show cloud-only content from all OneDrive folders in Settings
- Select specific photos when importing
- Pause and resume slideshows using Spacebar and Enter
- See location on a map for photos that include this info
- Improved living image playback
- Bug fixes
- Mobile only:
- View photos from Windows Camera without unlocking your phone
- Edit slow-motion video on select Lumia phones
- More keyboard interactions in Continuum
That appears to be more of a cumulative list of features added over previous updates than an update for this specific version. On the other hand, if you weren’t sure what all those updates were doing to your apps, this is a cliff-notes guide of the new things you can do with the Windows 10 Photos app
Zynga has updated their popular drag-racing game CSR Racing, which has had more than 130 million downloads on all platforms, with new cars and new modes.
New in the latest version is:
- We’ve upgraded our Multiplayer and taken it to whole new level with new ways to play!
- Take part in all new Multiplayer Events and grab yourself some unique prizes on your way up the leaderboards!
- The amazing Lamborghini Aventador is up for grabs this season!
- A whole raft of fixes to improve your experience.